di sebalik kisah

GOSSIP

11:46 PM Rashidah Abd Hamid 3 Comments

Read the following sentence and watch the meaning change when the emphasis is put on a different word:

I didn't say she stole my money.
I didn't say she stole my money. (but SOMEONE said it).
I DIDN'T say she stole my money. (I DEFINITELY didn't say it).
I didn't SAY she stole my money. (but I INFERRED it).
I didn't say SHE stole my money. (but SOMEONE stole it).
I didn't say she STOLE my money. (but she did SOMETHING with it).
I didn't say she stole MY money. (she stole SOMEONE else).
I didn't say she stole my MONEY. (she stole SOMETHING else).

Eight different meanings without changing one syllable! Tone, inflection and emphasis are everything in conversation. Unless you hear the words said, you can't possibly assess accurately what is meant by a given comment.
Before you believe ANYTHING, before you have a heart attack, fire your manager or file for divorce, go to the source and get the information first-hand. This is the basic advice, but we can all get caught if we're not careful.
Though gossip may start out based on fact, the facts soon evaporate. Where possible, get the real story from the horse's mouth before you act.
~Making Friends~ Andrew Matthews


bila la nk dpt tau citer sebenar nie..the real result...asyik macam2 versi..{kuota 30 orang..eh..tak 20 org..separuh-separuh antara org lama dgn yg baru..}
tp panggilan yang ditunggu xde gak lg..isk..isk..isk..penantian itu suatu penyiksaan betul..!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

betul...betul....betul....

koboi said...

kaum wanita memang pandai bergosip.

eh..bukan koboi pun slalu join ke kalo bergossip2 nie??hehehhe...